Saturday, December 05, 2009

Hope You Are Happy God!

Today we got about 4 inches of snow! Doesn't sounds like much, but for the DC area it kinda is, and for being December 5th it kinda is too.

As much as I love snow and was ecstatic to wake up to whiteness out the window, it really couldn't have come on a worse day. During the week I work until about 5:30, so by the time I get home, my day is pretty much shot. Usually even if I had the intention of going shopping or doing something productive after work, when the time actually comes around and its dark out and I'm tired from a long day in the office...my plans get thrown out the window.

So...today was going to be my big get-things done-day. I was going to look at apartment after apartment until I found one (yes, I'm STILL living on my best friends couch) and then after that I was gonna get a serious grip on my Christmas shopping and then meet up with a friend for dinner and a movie. No trip to NY standing in my way, no plans to go home and visit the fam, no have to be there or have be here. Nope NOTHING at all on my calendar...just apartment shopping and Christmas shopping.

Well, guess God didn't really like my plans, so he took it upon himself to alter them. Guess he'd rather see me sit inside, watch Duke basketball while scrapbooking and drinking a glass of wine.

So, that's exactly what I did. Why fight it? Hope you are happy Lord ;)


Quote of the day: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans” ~John Lennon

3 comments:

Wild Phinomenal said...

Why is it that only girls like waking up and seeing snow... I was so sad when I woke up and saw the snow. It was all cold and wet out... people drive super slow and dumb... it sucks!

So moving on... good luck finding an apartment Robyn! Hope everything else is going well too.


-Phi


PS. Duke sucks... I don't know which game you watched on Saturday... but I caught the game where they lost in Wisconsin. What bums... =Þ

hHf said...

Good luck Apartment Shopping!

Jealous of your snow!

Desiree said...

Hi there! I came over from a blogger help site (Pocket I think) and blogger etiquette says I have to tell you I was here. :-)

I really like your blog design - it's clean and simple. I'm still playing around with mine and I'm trying to figure out how to make a custom header without Photoshop! Doncha just love this blogging thing!

Anyway, cool blog! Peace yo!