Friday, December 18, 2009

It's Coming...

So I'm driving to the store to finish up my Christmas shopping last night after work and I hear on the radio that we are expected to get 10-20 inches of SNOW this weekend... SAY WHAT??!? Nah that can't be true. My ears must have been hearing wrong because this is D.C. and D.C doesn't even know what real snow is. 1 inch of the white fluffy stuff and the whole city shuts down...or better put, 1 inch of rain and the city shuts down. (these people REALLY need to learn how to drive...Ha Ha I should be talking ;)

Anyways, I just checked weather.com to make sure I haven't certifiably gone nuts (which at this point I hardly doubt, because I very well may have) and sure enough this is the forecast map I see...


There we are...right smack dab in the middle of the darkest purple!

Bout to rush home from the office, grab my snow pants and a couple days worth of clean clothes and head over the my best friends house. If I have to be snowed in for a couple days, I might as well be snowed in with people I love :)

I see a whole lot of movie watching and game playing in my future!

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll definitely upload some pics if we actually get as much as we are expected to.

Quote of the Day: “Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, "I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway." ~Maya Angelou

2 comments:

Charis said...

It's snowing outside right now! Yay!

Wild Phinomenal said...

I hate snow. It's not bad enough that it's super freezing out and i can't do anything, but I somehow managed to drop my phone in the snow today while clearing the driveway... you know how hard it is to find a phone in like a foot deep of snow? lol. Anyway, I hope you had a good day being snowed in with your best friend though!