Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year, Fresh Start!

Happy New Year everyone! 2010 is officially here! Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending!

I stumbled across a quote the other day that really got me thinking...

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be”.

...such a simple quote, yet so deep, and for me, so very on point.

Although I'm not one who is big on resolutions, I am big on goals. Because no matter how much you think you want something, if you don't harness your energy and focus it on a specific target then you are never going to accomplish as much as you are capable of.

So as I enter this new year and new decade I am determined:
~ Not to see the past better than it was
because if those people from my past were so great then they surely would have made it into my future. And although I have had some great times and amazing memories, I have to believe the best days of my life lie ahead.

As I enter this new year and new decade I am determined:
~ Not to see the present worse than it is
because the truth is I AM BLESSED! I am not going to be happy "when"...I am happy NOW because I am alive, I am healthy, I have a job, I have a roof over my head, and I have people in my life that truly love me. I've learned that people can be taken away, my job can be taken away, and all the things I thought and knew can be taken away, but no one can take away my happiness without my permission!

And as I enter this new year and new decade I am determined:
~ Not to see my future less resolved than it will be
Its easy to spend a lot of time worrying about the future but Matthew 6:34 says "Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own". So although I don't know what is going to happen, where I am going to be, what I am going to be doing, who I am going to be doing it with...I do believe that all things will work together for my good and the desires of my heart will be given to me :)



Quote of the day: "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

2 comments:

CIP said...

I love this post...I'm a big fan of goals too :)

Hey, would you mind changing your google reader feed to a full feed instead of a partial one?

Anonymous said...

Yeah girl =)