...Okay, okay, who am I kidding, that was all just a lie. My Friday was lame. Nothing ridiculous. Absolutely nothing wild. And quite frankly I didn't know where to start because there's really not much to say about it. But as lame as it was, I honestly enjoyed every second of it, and wouldn't have wanted it any other way :)
I came home from work, made some dinner - chicken and potatoes, if you must know -, went to the gym - where the only other two people there on a Friday night were over 70... shocking -, came back, took a nice long hot shower, chatted online with one of my besties, watched "The Perfect Holiday" On Demand, and went to bed.
Yeah I know its not Christmas anymore, you don't have to remind me, but Morris Chestnut is in that movie and he is oh so fine. To be honest I didn't care whether the movie was supposed to be good or bad, as long as I got to stare at him for two hours, I was okay with it. But for real though ladies...tell me he isn't scrumptious! Tall, dark and handsome. Yummmmmy!And can you believe this, I just looked him up online and he is 40. Whaaaaat? Yeah I know, that should be illegal. He could almost be my dad.
But anyways, back on topic...What was I saying? Yeah, I think I was talking about the fact that even though my Friday was kinda boring, according to most twenty-something standards, I'm more than okay with it. I've never been much of party girl. Yeah I go out to the bars/clubs every now and then when my friends drag me out, but to be honest its really not my thing. I'm much happier having dinner and catching a movie with the girls, watching sports with my fam, going bowling, mini golfing or such...stuff like that. Doesn't take much to make me smile, I'm a pretty simple girl.
I guess ever since New Years Eve when my one roommate's best friend beat up my other roommate outside of The Green Turtle in DC, I've kinda been over all the drama. Yeah, you read right, I think I might actually be living in The Real World house. And the best part of the story is, the next morning, my roommate who had gotten beat up, crawls into my room with a broken foot and bruised face and asks me, "Robyn, what happened last night? I can't seem to put pressure on my foot for some reason and my face kinda hurts. Do you remember what might have happened?"
Oh wow! True story. The things alcohol can do. Makes my gym and movie night not look so bad after all, doesn't it?

Quote of the day: "Oh it feels so good, when you let go of all the drama in your life. Now you're free from all the pain, free from all the games, free from all the stress. So find your happiness." ~ Mary J. Blige

5 comments:
Ahhhhh! I literally wrote almost the exact same post the other day.
I'm totally cool with my weekends being super lame. It makes me happy to stay in and chill. Going out is fine every once and a while, but for the most part I love to relax.
I love movie nights. Fairly often my friends will ask what I'm up to and I'll say "I have a date with Tivo". As much as I love going out, there's definitely something to be said for curling up and staying in.
I tried to find your email, but couldn't so I will reply here. Thanks so much for your comment. I love how you said, "our hearts aren't switches that we can turn on and off." So true! Seriously. I'm fine with the pace I'm going, so it's annoying when other people can't just be satisfied with that too!
Dear insane friends and roomies,
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Love,
Kara
We truly are two peas in a pod!
Post a Comment