Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow News is Good News

I awoke this morning to falling snowflakes. How exciting! Our first snow of the year! Yeah it's almost February and this is our first measurable snowfall of the winter here in DC (if you even want to call it that). But what can I say, it definitely put a smile on my face! Even without my contacts in I could see nothing but whiteness out my window when I woke up, so I turned my alarm clock off, rolled over and went back to sleep. I had planned on going into the office today, but looks like I'll just be working from home instead :)

Certainly not complaining. I absolutely love snow. I love the quietness in the air, I love the way it hangs on the tree branches, I love seeing people outside playing and shoveling, and more than anything I love opening up the blinds, curling up next to the window in my warm blanket, and just watching the flakes as they fall. Seemingly falling out of nowhere, no two flakes being the same...snow just amazes me.

Having lived in DC now for nearly 7 years, if there is one thing I miss about Cumberland it is the snow. When we get rain, they get snow. When we get an inch, they get a foot. Oh what I wouldn't give to put on my snow pants and boots and take a walk in the winter wonderland down to McDonald's with mom, Bethany and Mrs. Wolfe, stopping to make snow angels in random peoples yards along the way. Those were the days! The good old days!



Quote of the day: "Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness, has never danced in the snow."

No comments: