No losers, I'm not talking about American Idol, its #1 Duke vs #4 Wake Forest. Tonight...7pm...ESPN...don't miss it! If you haven't seen one of the million ads on TV for this game by now, then shame on you, you don't watch nearly enough ESPN. Either that, or you're a horrible excuse for a basketball fan.
As for me, I've already got my Duke apparel on. Shirt, shorts, socks...the works. It's barely after noon, but game time can not come soon enough :)
Can you tell I'm a little bit excited? Excited that is, until my blue devils decide not to show up, and their first week back at #1 in two years becomes their last :( Boo!...But nah, I definitely don't think that's gonna happen. I'm pretty confident in my boys this year actually. My dad really believes they are good enough to win it all this year, and who am I to argue. So if Gerald Henderson and Kyle Singler come to play tonight then I certainly like our chances against these young demon deacons. Guess we'll have to wait and see though!
As for my Terps...what the heck has happened to them? Despite being absolutely tickled pink when Duke embarassed them last week (85-44 for all of you who missed it), I really do like seeing my alma mater suceed, believe it or not. But come on Gary, enough is enough! Isn't it time for you to hand in your whistle and hang it up? I mean, we've had one NCAA tournament win in the last four-soon to be five- seasons. Are we done riding this one out yet dude? I sure know I am. Their 76-67 loss last night to BC (after having a 16 pt first half lead) definitely solidified it for me.

So if I were you Gary, I'd be posting my resume on monster.com. It's just a matter of time buddy.
Oh yeah...and P.S....GO DUKE!

Quote of the day: "I can think of maybe something better to say than "That's my house" before you go into Cameron to play." ~ Gary Williams on Greivis Vasquez

No comments:
Post a Comment