Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to Reality

You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you return from a fun vacation or from being around friends and family for an extended amount of time? You know...the "ugh, back to reality" feeling.

Well, that's exactly the feeling I have right now and I hate it. I had such a fun 3 day weekend. Not a care in world...and now the reality that it's over and I have to return back to the mundane routine of my life is sinking in. Yuck!

Guess that's just way life goes though :(

Here's are some pics of my crew and I at Kings Dominion yesterday. We had such a blast! Not sure exactly why, maybe the economy has something to do with it, but to our surprise we pretty much had the whole park to ourselves. I loved just jumping from roller coaster to roller coaster without having to wait in any lines...
...my head and stomach, however, didn't really like it so much.

Definitely don't think the adult body (or at least this adult body) is made to handle that sort of extreme intensity.







Quote of the day: "Life can be like a roller coaster...its filled with so many exciting twists and turns. Hop off the straight and narrow whenever you can and take the winding paths. Experience the exhilaration of the view from the edge. Because the moments spent there, that take your breath away, are what make you feel truly alive." ~Stacey Charter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that happened to our youth group too. we went the night before and there was no one. they even let us stay on the ride for a second go at it.

glad you had fun, girlie. love your outfit:)

jlc said...

Ugh yes yes yes. Feeling it now.

It's that Sunday night itch. But this weekend it happened to fall on a Tuesday.

Glad you had a nice lil vacay!!

Kristen said...

hahahaha. i hate to return after fun outings. looks like yall had fun & cute outfit.

Bird Shit said...

I hate that feeling, I wish I could win the lottery!

Charis said...

Aww I worked at King's Dominion the summer between my junior and senior year in high school. They totally have the best rides!

And I agree about the back-to-reality issue...at least we have a short week!