Friday, May 08, 2009

Jim Gaffigan Makes Me Smile :)

A couple years ago the ex and I were headed on a little road trip...don't remember now exactly where we were going, but I'm thinking maybe home to see my parents...irrelevant anyways. So in an attempt to help curb his A.D.D. during the "long" trip he decided to burn a CD of a comedian for us to listen to along the way.

Although his sense of humor and mine were pretty similar, at that time I never even heard the name of the dude he brought and so I was kinda extremely skeptical.

But after like 30 seconds of listening to Jim Gaffigan I was laughing so hard I was crying. That man is absolutely hilarious...by far one of my favorite comedians now. From that very second I jumped on the Jim Gaffigan bandwagon and have yet to get off.

So... while meandering around Barnes & Nobles the other day (always just meandering, never actually buying anything) I saw that Jim had come out with a new CD called "King Baby" that I never heard of. I scanned it under the little listener machine...you know, the thing with the headphones where you can listen to a snippet of each track...and I was laughing out loud in the store. People around must have definitely thought I was insane, but whatev, it was hilarious.

Tonight after work I'm driving home to my parents house for the weekend to give my momma some mothers day lovin' and I decided to download the CD so I would have something to listen to on my boring ride there.

I overheard a couple minutes of it while I was downloading it, but didn't want to completely ruin it for my trip. I can already tell it is going to be insanely funny. I can't wait.

If you've never heard of Jim Gaffigan seriously, go buy his CD or just YouTube him, you will love it. It is completely clean, no foul language, nothing obscene...just 100% funny. Just the way I like it!


Quote of the day: "You think when gym teachers were younger, they’re thinking, 'You know, I want to teach... but I don’t want to read. How about kickball for 40 years? ~ Jim Gaffigan

3 comments:

jlc said...

Great quote!

That or either "you know.. I feel like wearing shorts everyday... who needs to bother with ties?"

:)

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only that was always in B&N and NEVER purchased anything. lol

I've never heard of this guy, but I'm def looking him up.

Hepburn Hilton said...

Thanks for the tip! Will have to check him out :)