Thursday, May 14, 2009

HUGE Transformation

Waaaay back when I was in college at The University of Maryland (a whole 3 years ago..lol) I used to work for the Terps football team as a recruiting assistant.

Besides doing all the menial tasks that the coaches didn't want to be bothered with, like sending out letters to the potential players, weeding through the hundreds of highlight videos we received every week, etc, etc, etc, it was also my job to tour the recruits around the school and the football facilities when they came for their official visits, sit with them and their families during the game, answer any and every question they might have about the school, and of course look cute while doing it...basically in short, make the boys want to come to UMD.

Yes, being young and blond and cute does sometimes help when your dealing with decisions being made by hormone overloaded teenage boys ;)

And since I love UMD, love sports and LOVE tall, hot, muscular athletes...it was the perfect job for me. Free clothes, tickets, fun events to attend, getting to know the players and meet super rich or soon-to-be super rich NFL people...doesn't get much better than that.

Here I am with Coach Freidgen at the annual football gala

Actually even met my (ex) boyfriend when he came for a visit and I was the one assigned to show him and his dad around. After his visit with me that day he ended up choosing to sign with UMD over Penn State, Boston College and all the other schools that were recruiting him. Coincidence? I think not. lol. He obviously liked what he saw ;) wink wink

Anyways, the point of my story is (yes there is actually a point), I've known Coach Ralph Freidgen for quite a few years now and it seems that every day that goes by he keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. By my ex's senior year Ralph literally could barely even walk anymore and during practice would drive his golf cart around everywhere because even the simple task of putting one foot in front of the other was too hard for him to bear.

The good news though...I just found out that Ralphy is finally losing weight!! 86 lbs and counting. He started out at 401lbs and is now down to 315lbs, with an immediate goal of 301lbs. I am so proud of him! He is on a 1,000 calorie a day diet sponsored by this company called Medifast based right here in Owings Mills, MD.

I'm not a watcher of The Biggest Loser but last night one of my friends was telling me about the finale and how the winner now weighs only 117 lbs and so we looked up the before and after pics on the nbc website and I was totally shocked. I think its so crazy how we have the ability to transform our bodies and thus our whole appearance just through diet and exercise.

Hope when all is said and done Ralph will have made a similarly huge transformation.
Good luck man!


Quote of the day: "People couldn't tell I lost a pound. It was like throwing a chair off the deck of the Titanic." ~ Ralph Friedgen after losing 30 lbs

4 comments:

Kristen said...

he is pretty much fine as everything. i know you didn't want to hear that bc you know that but keep it rockin robyn and do your own thing.

Anonymous said...

um he was such a hottie hottie. bittersweet indeed. sorry. that sounds like it would have been soo much fun. i wonder if i could swing a sweet deal like that but with the baseball team. no? yeah you are probably right, I would probably get into way more trouble!!!

you look so gorgeous! go ahead girlie, do your thing!!!

jlc said...

You look AMAZING in that Jersey!! Work it girl!


And seriously... where do you find this quotes?! I busted out laughing after reading this one!!

jlc said...

these**