Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Check That One Off My Bucket List


Last night was my Boyz II Men concert and let me tell you...they were AMAZING! I don't really even know how its possible, but I definitely love them even more now than I did before.

The concert was at this awesome venue called Birchmere Music Hall in Alexandria, VA. It was my first time there and I was totally impressed. Its a small, intimate place that holds maybe 300 people at most. You sit at tables and they serve you appetizers, dinner, drinks...anything you need to keep you happy while you wait.

Seating is first come first serve so the plan was to leave my place at 4pm, get there around 5pm when the doors opened, get good seats, and then just sit and have dinner til the show started at 7:30pm.

Well...lets just say it didn't quite work out that way.

DC traffic SUCKS!...enough said.

The 13 mile drive to VA took us over 2 hours and we got there almost right as the show was starting. As you can imagine I was beyond pissed. Luckily the second Shawn, Wanya, and Nathan came out on stage, the previous two hours from hell were erased from my mind and I had nothing but feelings of euphoric ecstasy. (Yeah, they are really that good, no lie)

They sang all my favorite songs and then some, handed out roses, serenaded a birthday girl, told jokes, had choreographed dances, and even called some dudes mom on his cell and sang a "Song For Mama" on the phone to her.


Omg you have no idea...I was so in love <3>

I waited the past 18 years to see them (they really started singing together way back in 1991, isn't that crazy)...but it was definitely well worth the wait!


Quote of the Day: "Back in school, we used to dream about this everyday. Could it really happen, or do dreams just fade away. Now everybody is singin' now, it's in this town, woo ooh. So we started a group and here we are...Kickin' it just for you" ~ Boyz II Men ~ Motown Philly

8 comments:

Kristen said...

yes!!!! i am so jealous!!!!!! did they play old/new stuff..? i know you were looking forward to it. glad you had a great time.

jlc said...

Ahhhhh! LOVE them!!! Take me back to middle school dances. :)

Anonymous said...

That's amazing! I love them! I had no idea they were even still doing music! How fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hepburn Hilton said...

Sounds like a great night. I never been a fan, but I did enjoy the one they did with Mariah Carey

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.