Monday, May 11, 2009

Family Matters

I went home to Cumberland to give my momma some lovin' this past weekend and had an absolutely amazing time with the fam. Bike riding, bike riding and more bike riding pretty much sums it all up. And since pics are far more interesting than words will ever be, I'm just gonna let these speak for themselves....


Me and my sister


Beautiful city of Cumberland in the background


Me and my mom


You are Here! No wonder my thighs were burning...look at that incline!


We made it to Pennsylvania!


Helping the little turtle we almost ran over to safety


That is a true look of terror


30.835 Miles...Ouch!


Hope you all had a great Mothers Day weekend too!


Quote of the day: "When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day's sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay's call, and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else's heart." ~Diane Ackerman

6 comments:

jlc said...

Awww you two are so cute together biking and all!

Sounds like an amazing weekend!

Niki said...

Wow! Ya'll went really far! Awesome job!

Kristen said...

i am so jealous of how in shape your are and motivated. keep up the good work! looks like you all had a blast! :)

Iva Messy said...

aww looks like such a nice time!! Great save with the turtle!!

Anonymous said...

way to go girlie!! so glad you had a great time with your fam.

missed you!!!

Phi said...

So you never updated us on how your workout DVDs went... I thought about you earlier this week because I started doing p90x... It might not be hard for a girl like you who works out for 2 hours at a time... but my out-of-shape ass was dying, hahah. It's fun though-- I recommend it! All righty, hope you're doing well!