Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Brimming With Fun

After a long cherry blossom filled day in DC on Saturday we finally packed things up and headed home around 6pm. Tired, exhausted and wanting nothing more than to shower and lay around semi-comatose for the rest of the night, I was totally overwhelmed at the thought of a 7:30pm birthday party I had promised to attend. Ugh!

Being a person of my word though, I sucked it up, quickly threw on some party-going apparel, touched up my makeup, and did the best I could to make my wind-blown hair look presentable...and out the door I went...all the way down to Springfield, Virginia.

Despite the angry inner dialogue taking place in my head on the way there, once I arrived I was nothing but happy about my decision to come. My bestie and I arrived a little bit (or actually a lot bit) late, but hey, what can we say...at least we arrived.

The party was a hat party, at the request of the birthday boy, so I dug out one of the very few that I have, and of course, rocked it out.


The man of the night is a professional photographer...a pretty amazing one too I must say...so he had a great idea to turn one of the rooms in his house into a photo booth room during the party. Wow...I had no idea how much fun that could be. We all had such a blast with it. Here are a few of our pics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


After all was said and done Kara and I arrived back at my place around 3 am, and boy were we tired. It's been quite a while since my last sleepover, and despite our complete exhaustion, in little school girl fashion, we stayed up for a few more hours, laying in my bed, giggling and gossiping about the crazy events of the day. Oh how I love best friends!


Quote of the day: "When you wear a hat, it is like medicine for the soul. The hat is the expression of who you are as a women! The hat is your dreams of who you can be. It facilitates the different parts of who you are: mysterious...proper...sexy...playful. "

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what fun!!! and what great photos. they are too cute. loved your hat by the way. i could not pull off one like that. your jacket is super cute too!! where did you get girl?!

Kristen said...

these pics are great!! and besties are grrrrreeeaaat. i agree with MRD above - loved the hat choice.!

jlc said...

You are too cute in that hat!!!!


Ohhh I loveeee the cherry blossoms there!! Take lots of pics of them!

JN said...

Hat Party! That's a very creative idea :) I like the idea of a photobooth room - those are ALWAYS fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I want to add that same hat to my own collection!

I'm jealous.

;o)

rachaelgking said...

A hat party! That's fantastic! Everyone always throws theme parties and no one does it... but they could handle just a hat. What a great idea! And adorable pics :-)