So...I finally got my new camera in the mail the other day and I'm officially in love. Actually probably more like infatuated and obsessed, but either way you get the idea. I haven't really taken any pictures yet that I feel are worthy of sharing (sorry), at this point I'm still just trying to wrap my mind around the foreign language of aperture, ISO, shutter speed, f-stops and the likes. Exciting I know...Let me tell you, I lead such a crazy life.
Anyways, today I have a dentist appointment. Yippee...I can't wait! (Sense the sarcasm?) Every time I go they tell me the exact same things. You need to floss more and you need to come back in a week and get a crown put on your back molar.
And every time my response is the same...yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Don't call me, I'll call you.
Flossing? Really not that fun. I kinda enjoy the whole brushing process, but flossing...not so much. For the first few days after my appointment I'm always real inspired though, and extremely hard core about giving flossing my very best effort. I keep a roll near my toothbrush so I remember every morning, noon and night, bring some to work for when I'm bored, and buy all the latest and greatest flossing gadgets.
... then a few more days go by and I'm like "eh, I'm over it!".
Story of my life.

Quote of the day: “Happiness is your dentist telling you it won’t hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.” ~ Johnny Carson
Anyways, today I have a dentist appointment. Yippee...I can't wait! (Sense the sarcasm?) Every time I go they tell me the exact same things. You need to floss more and you need to come back in a week and get a crown put on your back molar.And every time my response is the same...yeah yeah yeah, blah blah blah. Don't call me, I'll call you.
Flossing? Really not that fun. I kinda enjoy the whole brushing process, but flossing...not so much. For the first few days after my appointment I'm always real inspired though, and extremely hard core about giving flossing my very best effort. I keep a roll near my toothbrush so I remember every morning, noon and night, bring some to work for when I'm bored, and buy all the latest and greatest flossing gadgets.
... then a few more days go by and I'm like "eh, I'm over it!".
Story of my life.

Quote of the day: “Happiness is your dentist telling you it won’t hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.” ~ Johnny Carson

9 comments:
good luck!! i took a class & bought some instructional dvd's but i still have yet to read the manual that comes with it haha
I got my 'new' camera almost two years ago and I'm still trying to figure out things. All because I was too lazy to read the manual in the first place. I actually just pulled it out yesterday for some more how tos. Ha so good luck there sista!
Also having been trained in the dental industry let me tell you some quick things. Flossing is so vital. I sometimes believe it is more important than brushing key word sometimes. But if you floss just some fyi just for you not to make you feel lame but just for education that the hygenist ususally leaves out. You have 80% of your tooth surfaces that are affected when you floss which means a lot more area to cover than when you brush. If you floss-it's a good thing. Once a day keeps a drill away* ha ha no but serious sista I hate the dentist - not working for him but him working on me. I HATE it and I know exactly what's going on. Ya know? GOOD LUCK!
Yeah that's what I used to say too. And now I have to floss, mouthwash, and brush like 4 or 5 times a day (darned invisalign doesn't let you have the THOUGHT of a germ on your tooth).
And you can bet I'll be coming at you for some camera tips in a week or two :)
I don't know who this Robyn is but she just seems to be an incredible catch. I'd like to know who the loser boyfriend is that let her go. Not only does she look hot in her pictures, but she seems like a lot of fun. Wow- she will make some guy a lucky man some day
i never floss either! and get in trouble for it too! :) you are not alone!! you have been MIA so i expect some pics soon. :)
I'm so bad about flossing too!!
I admit I hate to floss too!
Just at the dentist yesterday and I got yelled it. Tisk tisk!
But I loveee getting polished!
Ahh I feel ya girl!
I hate to floss. I had some recent bad news about my pearly whites so flossing is a necessity and nuisance.
Great quote!
Exciting about your camera. I'm really wanting an upgrade for my camera ... maybe for christmas.
I know exactly what you mean about the dentist. I have an appointment tuesday @ 11 - I never hear anything new, and I always hear "Floss more!"
:)
Post a Comment