Saturday morning was the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade in D.C., and for God knows what reason I thought that would be a great time to head down to the mall and check out the beautiful scenery.
Unfortunately, 2 million other people (literally) had the same idea. Ughh...Have I ever mentioned how much I hate tourists?
I pretty much live a stones throw away from the district and thus could've went to check out the cherry blossoms at ANY other time over the past couple weeks, but of course, my bestie and I so conveniently chose to go the same day as every other human being on the planet.
Awesome.
The Metro was a total cluster f***, I couldn't walk without running into someone, someone's child, someone's pet, or someone's stroller, we had to eat lunch on the window sill in the corner of the cafe in the Smithsonian because there were absolutely no seats to be had, and thanks to the hurricane-like winds I could barely even open my eyes long enough to see anything.
...but other than that...those darn cherry blossoms were pretty beautiful, I must admit.
Unfortunately, 2 million other people (literally) had the same idea. Ughh...Have I ever mentioned how much I hate tourists?
I pretty much live a stones throw away from the district and thus could've went to check out the cherry blossoms at ANY other time over the past couple weeks, but of course, my bestie and I so conveniently chose to go the same day as every other human being on the planet.
Awesome.
The Metro was a total cluster f***, I couldn't walk without running into someone, someone's child, someone's pet, or someone's stroller, we had to eat lunch on the window sill in the corner of the cafe in the Smithsonian because there were absolutely no seats to be had, and thanks to the hurricane-like winds I could barely even open my eyes long enough to see anything.
...but other than that...those darn cherry blossoms were pretty beautiful, I must admit.






Can you tell how much we loved the wind? That pic pretty much sums it up.
Quote of the day: "Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." ~ Arthur Golden


12 comments:
Haha looks like you guys had fun!
Ooooh I love Cherry Blossoms!! They look so pretty. The wind has been ridiculous here too - although we also have STILL have snow, wtf?!
try getting round'w/ a bike!!! hah! the trails were great and then as soon as we got into the district it was awful!
i HAVE to visit!!
I love those last pics! Hilarious!
The wind beat me UP this weekend too... hopefully it dies down soon! Come on, SPRING!
Aw, love em! Makes me miss the east coast :)
that is actually one the things i want to do before i die. see d.c's cherry blossoms. totally jealous. glad you girlies had fun. love love the hear blown look!!!
That is so cool...minus the tourists! Lol! I know how that is... Do the blossoms smell as good as they look? Funny...I was posting just as I got your comment :) You caught me!
Have a great day!
Ok, that's nuts. I had no idea it got so crowded.
Luckily, the flowers are gorgeous. And, I have the exact same North Face jacket as you. Yay for fleece!
haha. Nice pic.
The cherry blossoms are pretty.
I am so incredibly jealous that you live in DC! I have been there several times, and love it more and more each time I go. Despite all the tourists, it looks beautiful :)
thanks for the sweet comment!
How beautiful!
There are a lot of things that makes it feel like spring...
Cherry Blossoms are one of them!!
Post a Comment