Dear Sun,Welcome back! I am so so glad you are here. I was beginning to think cold had a permanent strong hold on you, but I guess I should have known better than to doubt whether you were coming back. These past few days I have spent reconnecting with you have been oh so glorious. My pale skin has been slightly smooched by your lips and I am loving it. I can't wait for all the fun times you and I are going to have this summer. I think its fair to say I love you sun!
With all my heart,
Robyn
____________________________________________________________________
Happy SUNday everyone! Really hope you all are enjoying the weather this weekend as much as I am. The thought of sitting inside on my computer when the sun is shining outside just about eats me alive so I'm going to speed things up and resort to a little bullet point action today.
Friday night I went to the Waterfront with some of my girlfriends. I have never been there before and quickly realized I have totally been missing out. Georgetown, water, boats, outdoor bars and restaurants, young people everywhere...love it. Definitely going back.
Saturday my bestie, her daughter and I went to College Park to stroll around Maryland Day. Its basically like a big carnival on campus where they set up fun stuff to do, see, and eat and anyone and everyone comes through to check it out. Such a perfect day for it too. For lunch we sat on our picnic blanket under a tree, relaxed and people watched. Doesn't get much better than that.
For the rest of the afternoon we went shopping. Spent too much money, but got some great new stuff for summer that made me smile (and that's all that matters). Couple pair of sunglasses, some adorable pink loafers, a Zack Morris posse t-shirt, and a fabulous sheer paisley print tank. Enough said!
Yesterday was the NFL draft and my boy Darius Heyward-Bey was taken by the Raiders as the 7th overall pick. I'm so excited for him...Terps represent!!
And today I'm just planning on going to church, then maybe cruising around downtown with some of my work friends, maybe catch a movie later. There is one called Obsession with Beyonce in it that I'm trying to see. Should be fun!

Quote of the day: "Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the SUN will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move toward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.” ~ Og Mandino
Happy SUNday everyone! Really hope you all are enjoying the weather this weekend as much as I am. The thought of sitting inside on my computer when the sun is shining outside just about eats me alive so I'm going to speed things up and resort to a little bullet point action today.

Quote of the day: "Count your blessings. Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the SUN will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move toward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.” ~ Og Mandino

2 comments:
What a great weekend! I want to see that movie Obsession too! Looks so good:)
Hahaha!! I love your letter. And I'm liking all these quotes of the day!!! Cute cute cute!
Post a Comment