Sunday, April 05, 2009

Silence is Golden

Wow, this weekend was so hectic!

It feels so good to actually be sitting down at my desk right now, by myself, surrounded by nothing but silence. I know I always complain because my weekends are so lame and boring and now I'm complaining because my weekend was anything but lame and boring...go figure...I guess I'm just impossible to please!

Doesn't is seem like no matter what the situation or circumstance is, the grass is always greener on the other side?

When we are bored and lonely we wish we had someone around or something to do, and then when we do have someone around and things to do we want nothing more than to lay around by ourselves all day. When we are single all we long for is to be in a relationship, and when we are in relationship we see all the single people and envy how care-free and fun their life must be. Naturally curly hair, we wish we had straight, straight...we want curly. Ughh! We're so complicated and so unsatisfiable.

Anyways, enough thinking for one day. My mind and body need a break. So I'm off to watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Hope you all had a great weekend! I'll tell you more about mine tomorrow.
Quote of the day: "Not merely an absence of noise, real silence begins when we withdraw from the noise in order to find peace, order and sanity."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have definitely found myself feeling like that picture on many occasions. It's a horrible feeling!

Kristen said...

i feel you. i had a horrible weekend. horrible. then, a serious case of the monday's..and someone that is here annoying me right now. over it.

Charis said...

I'm totally with you girl! I was SO glad to come to my boring office this morning!