Her boyfriend of 6 years had recently broken up with her, and since I was also going through a long term relationship break up I immediately found an incredible amount of comfort in her words. The more I read, the more I wanted to read. In one, multi-hour long sitting I'm pretty sure I read every single one of her posts, in its entirety, some multiple times. For the first time I felt like I wasn't alone in this horrific world known as heartache...and you have no idea how great that felt.
Then along came my girl Classy In Philadelphia. Not too sure how exactly we found each other but we did, and she too was going through a long term relationship split. She had been with her man about the same amount of time as me and mine, and had even broken up around the same time as we did too. Crazy.
Anyways, the point of my story is that now here we are, about 6 months post breakup for all of us (the average amount of time it takes for a guy to realize how stupid he was), and both of their exes have come back around.
Yep, they both finally got that call that all us broken hearted ex girlfriends hope to get one day. The one where they say they made a mistake and really miss us and have never stopped thinking about us the whole time...you know, the one where we can sit at the other end of the phone and laugh to ourselves, thinking "ha ha" I coulda told you so.
Well, for me, not only has my ex not made any contact...he is actually more non-existent than ever.
For over 4 months I haven't heard from him or contacted him (yay me!). The last time we talked on the phone was December 18th (yeah I could probably tell you the exact time of the call too if you wanted to know...typical psycho girl) and at the end of the phone call he said "Ok well I'll call you later", I said "No you won't" and he responded with a line I'll never forget..."Well, I'm gonna prove you wrong".
Hmmm...so much proving me wrong, huh dude??

Anyways, with his birthday being next week the ex became the topic of conversation at work the other day, and at the urging of one of my coworkers I did something really stupid ...I *67ed him.
Yeah I know...bad idea!! I definitely should've known better. My coworker is 40 and single, so I'm not sure what I was thinking taking advice from her, but I did. Oh well!
The verdict is...the call (or actually the 2 or 3 calls I made just to double check I had the number correct and was hearing the voicemail message right) revealed that unless he has gotten a sex change and now goes by the name Linda*, then he has changed his cell phone number.
Yeah, it might not seem like a big deal to you guys, but I'm gonna be honest and tell you that it had me in tears the entire day.
He changed his cell phone number and didn't tell me...Someone he used to call 10 times a day...Someone who he used to tell everything to. He changed his cell phone number and didn't tell me.
Even if I wanted to contact him now I couldn't.
I'm not really exactly sure why this upset me so much but it really, really did.
I guess I always felt that if, God forbid, something horrible happened and I NEEDED to call him and cry in his ear and be comforted by someone who was my best friend for 4 years and knows me inside and out...then I could.
So I guess it just hit me like a ton of bricks to realize...now I can't, AND he obviously doesn't want me to! :(

Quote of the day: "Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that makes it so difficult."

8 comments:
If it makes you feel better, my ex and I were together for 5 years and he cheated on me with the graduate assistant for sororities/fraternities. And 1 month later proposed to her. They now are married and have a little girl. Living in Chicago. I know it is hard and heartache is the worst thing to ever go through. I always tell myself that atleast the peole I love are healthy and alive, and that there are people suffering else where. Somedays it helps other days not so much. Cheer up! You're a great woman! Boo to the exes!
Okay so first sorry for being MIA for the last while. I have been catching up on your posts but haven't been commenting. But now here I am and girl let me tell you...I've been right there with you. I just haven't been talking about it at all. For me I don't talk about it because perhaps it will just go away. Lame right? Anyways I just got a new job and so I'll be getting a company phone, with which I have my new number. It has been let's see 14 weeks since talking to him and still no contact. With all the crazy hopes I have; I keep thinkin it'll happen in the next week. But what wishful thinking on my part. Yes I miss him but I think time heals all wounds. And as your quote so nicely states in all matters of truth "Moving on is simple, it's what you leave behind that makes it so difficult." (p.s. I totally love these at the end of every post-inspired me once even in one of mine) Anyways point is girl I am with you on the crying and I am an avid believer that tears bring light to all situations. Hope tomorrow brings you sunshine in every direction. Love ya!
Aww :( My heart goes out to you hun... that is such a difficult thing to deal with. Maybe it will be easier to move on now knowing that you have no way to contact him?
Break ups are so tough :( Another boy will come into your life though, just be patient. Time is the best way to heal wounds.
I seriously teared up reading your post. Keep smiling as best as you can ;-)
Aw, girl...please keep smiling. My ex may have come back around, but we really haven't talked since, and I'm feeling really down about it. Guys just suck.
I don't mind that you talk about it. Not like you were wondering at all. It's proof that it's happening-that it's real. For me, I don't like anything that will bring my mood down. Kind of how you mentioned you cried upon realization of the digits change. Days like that are hard and fo sho numbered because who seriously wants to always be sad? If it already ate up so many x number of minutes of my day why allow it more. But that's just me. It's like miss musing stated once about how she enjoys talking about the better of her days. But Robyn I do on occasion say things on my blog because it's good for the body soul. IT helps heal. If something does occur in my life that eats at me I will write about it. It's proof of being human. Anyways sorry for my thoughts that are a lil scrambled. I have an attention span so short if I blinked I would miss it myself. Kidding ha ha
OMG did you see it? I totally was blown away when I discovered this today about Miss Musing. I couldn't believe it!
I definately hate him.... more than ever! He is such a butt! Your post made me really sad! You are wwwwwaaaayyyyyy too good for him!
Post a Comment