This past Sunday night was the first in a series of special hour long episodes of "The Girl's Next Door". I'm sure most of you think this is trash TV and watching it does nothing but rot my brain out...and it is, and probably will...but I'm gonna be honest with you all and admit that I love it, and actually have since it first came on 5 years ago.Yes they have their fake hair, their fake boobs, their fake nails, their fake tans, and their fake 80 year old boyfriend, but there is just something so real about those girls that makes me smile every time I watch.
So the fact that these hour long episodes are in honor of the girls departure from the house, and thus the end of their "relationship" with Hef and the end of their Sunday night relationship with me...truly brings a tear to my eye.
And when I say it brings a tear to my eye, I honestly mean I cried when I was watching Kendra tell Holly, Bridget and Hef she was moving out. Yes, I know I'm pathetic and I'm quite embarrassed of it, so you don't have to remind me, but if you know me lately then you know the fact that I cried really isn't saying all that much. Being on the emotional roller coaster I've been on the past few months I'm pretty sure I cry at just about everything now. Always at the most opportune times too ;) It's great.
Luckily for me though, the end of the "Girls Next Door" doesn't mean my favorite bunnies will be eternally removed from my life. Nope, I just heard this morning that Holly will be gracing us with her presence on the next go-round of Dancing With The Stars and Kendra is starting her own spin off reality series on E!, so uniquely and cleverly titled "Kendra".
So even though my Sunday nights will forever be lacking...Holly, Bridget and Kendra I still love you and will never forget the special time we spent together over the years.
Kendra- Good luck with Hank. He has my seal of approval. I would definitely do him.
Holly- Chris Angel is kinda busted but I'm sure anything is better than the wrinkled 80 year old version you've been used to...so get it girl!
and Bridget- Keep smiling and don't stop being your ridiculous self. I've never known a more stupid, highly educated person than you.
Alright well I have to jet...on my way to bible study...something I'm sure Holly, Bridget, Kendra and Hef are probably doing tonight as well ;)

Quote of the day: “Picasso had his pink period and his blue period. I am in my blonde period right now.” ~ Hugh Hefner

9 comments:
def. an end of an era:) Do not feel bad for watching it, I watched it as well. I know, shocking. I actually became addicted to it. They are just soo much fun to watch. Gonna miss my girl Bridget!
Have you seen the movie 'The House Bunny'?
Dude I loved that show. What's not to like? Everyone's always happy and smiling and cheery and doing fun things.... I don't get the problem :)
I liked watching that show too! So sad its ending:(
I think I only caught one or two episodes of the show :(
I loved this show! I always forget to watch it and I catch it when they replay it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I added yours to my google reader!
OMG ha ha ha I love typing those letters. K back to the point of this comment. I love and I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. I am just as much an addict as the next girl who prob doesn't admit as easily as you just did. I was cryin right along with them on Sunday. What a sad moment but then you realize that duh they have no where to go but up from where they've been when it comes to men in their life and hey no offense to hef. And they are such intelligent girls that will continue to make names for themselves. Thank you for doing what I couldn't and aknowledging them. :D loves*
I watch this show religiously! I got to go to the mansion summer before last and while the girls and Hef weren't there, it was still fun and I got to take a picture with Holly's reserved parking sign..hehe
I'll miss the girls too. Sunday's won't be the same without them!
I absolutely LOVE this show. I haven't caught the last episode yet, but I'm sure I'll cry when I do. I have all the seasons on DVD and watch them...like for real, this is how much I love them. Also, did you know Bridget is having her own show on the Travel Channel? So yay! Oh, and Holly and Chriss broke up...sad...not.
I'm mad about the two skanky twins who moved into the house. They wear the SAME outfits for crying out loud! Who does that?
atleast you can see holly now on DWTS!!! she was a little awkward!!
Post a Comment