Sunday, March 15, 2009

I've Gone Bananas

My boss' birthday was a couple weeks ago, and as we always do when it's somebody's birthday in the office, we got together for a fun little lunch time celebration. Since work somehow always ends up consuming the conversation at these gatherings, my boss, being the awesome person she is, decided to bring in her favorite game to share with us and make things a little bit more fun.

Being the huge board/card game fanatic I am, if I don't own it, then usually I've definitely at least heard of it. So I was completely shocked when my boss pulled a banana-shaped zippered canvas bag out of her purse and started explaining this game to us.

The game she shared with me, that I'm now sharing with you is....
BANANAGRAMS...my newest obsession:


The very next day after she showed it to me I got on amazon.com and ordered it for myself ($15). No pens, no paper, no keeping score. You can play by yourself or with up to 8 people. Similar to scrabble but way better.

Friday night a huge group of my friends got together and had a blast playing and then last night my bestie and I hung out at my apartment and played a few rounds. I'm not going to tell you too much about the rules, but just go ahead and buy it for yourself. You will love it too. I'm sure of it. Can't wait to go home and share it with my fam. I know my mom is going to be a big fan.


Quote of the day: “I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you.” ~ Colin Raye

No comments: