Friday, March 06, 2009

Sandboxes are Underrated

I saw this cartoon today and it made me laugh out loud at work so I thought I would share it with you all. Hopefully it will make you smile too :)

The funny thing is that it's almost accurate. My seven year old cousin has a cell phone for crying out loud (and a way better one than I have, might I add). How insane is that? I'm pretty sure I was about 17 before I got my first one. Granted they only started making them then....but still. SEVEN? Come on now, children these days are growing up way too fast as it is, lets just let them be kids and find pleasure in something simple like playing in the sandbox.

Anyone agree?

Quote of the day: The older I grow the more earnestly I feel that the joys of childhood are the best that life has to give. ~Ellen Glasgow

4 comments:

Christina said...

I know! I got mine when I was 16 and my first phone was huge and minutes were SO expensive. I think it was $40 for 20 minutes. Insane. Kids have so much more available to them these days. Remember the days before the Ipod? Hold on...let me get my DISCMAN. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

I got mine when I was freshman in college! It truly is sad.....Loved the cartoon! Have a great weekend, girlie:)

Niki said...

Totally agree! I got my first cell phone when I was 16 and it was for emergencies only since I was able to drive! What do these kids need with cell phones?? Are they even away from their parents long enough to need to call them and check in?!?

CIP said...

I totally agree. That cartoon is so sad, because it's prob. totally true!