Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Hate Boys...But I Love Shoes!

No matter how bad I'm feeling...tired, lonely, sick, stressed out...there is one thing that can always make me smile. Although sleep, medicine, or a hug from Tyson Beckford might help, nothing quite does the trick for me like a new pair of SHOES!

Ahhh...I love shoes! Pumps, peep toes, wedges, strappy, pointy, ...You name it, I love them all. But what I don't love is the hefty price tag that usually comes along with that one pair (or more like twelve pairs) that I seem to just "have to have".

Yeah I'll admit it, I'm cheap. I love having all the nicest things, but only if those nice things come with a price tag that I agree with....which unfortunately usually never happens when I go shopping here in DC.

But luckily for me my parents have a store near them that sells brand named stuff for next to nothing. And when I say next to nothing I really mean it. Just this weekend I got these $209 dollar pair of Union jeans for $1. Crazy, I know. It's called Gabriel Brothers. If you ever see one you should stop in. I can promise you it will be quite the experience. Some people hate it because it takes effort (or what I like to call talent) to find good stuff, but I'm totally in love with the place. Every time I go home my fam already knows they have to schedule our plans around my extensive trip to Gabes.

Here are some of my latest finds in the shoe department...all Ann Taylor, all in size midget (aka size 5), all $12.99 each. Yeah, you read right...twelve dollars and ninety nine cents. Go ahead haters, hate on ;)



Quote of the day: “It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes -- that's why you sometimes need really special shoes!” ~ Sex and The City

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What FABULOUS shoes! I hope they did the trick in cheering you up!

Niki said...

Great finds!

Unknown said...

Okay, WHY don't we have somewhere like that here?!?

Anonymous said...

ugh, i don't even know how you manage to step foot into that place! haha! burlington coat factory has the same kinda stuff as gabes, and i find it to be a bit more manageable - and without the sight of mullets and fanny packs hehe. but def. great finds!

Charis said...

Ooh that's my kind of shopping! Why EVER pay full price, when you can always get stuff for cheaper? You go girl!

Amber said...

I loved this blog! Made me smile! You certainly are the best shopper in the world! I've never met anyone with such a special talent to find deals!

Anonymous said...

I am heading DOWN to D.C A.S.A.P and we are going shopping missy. you are not allowed to find all those goodies without sharing it with somebody. me!

love those red ones! yes please!!!

Anonymous said...

love it!!

The closest thing I have to what this sounds like is marshals in the galleria area ... great shoes for great prices. all name brand about 50-60 percent off :)

best quote!!