Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Never a Dull Moment

Since our murder mystery party started at 5:30pm on Saturday, we were done by around 9 and weren't ready to call it a night just yet. So we decided to head down to Dave & Busters for a little post-party game playing action.

A beautiful young lady from my church was tragically murdered last year, so in honor of what would have been her 30th birthday, a bunch of us planned to meet there for a celebration of her life type thing. Being that we were already quite a bit late for the event, rather than waste more time running all the way home to change, we thought it would be okay just to show up in our costumes...

Boy was that a bad idea! Dave & Busters on a Saturday night = teenager central. I've never been stared at, talked about, and made fun of more in my life. I just wanted to scream "YO, I just came from a murder mystery party! This is not how I normally dress, especially not for a night out at D&B's, and especially not in the winter!"

But whatev...I tried not to let it ruin the night. Took off my bling, hid myself...as best I could...under my winter coat (sweating the entire time) and went about my business.


Stopping to pose for a pic before heading into the game room




Riding along on the back of the stationary jet ski



And being extremely angry because I just lost...to a girl!
Do I even have to tell you how much I hate losing?

So despite the outfit fiasco, Dave & Busters turned out to be a fun ending to a VERY fun Saturday night!


Quote of the day: “Without passion you don't have energy, and without energy you have nothing.”~ Donald Trump

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the look, and that coat, um....where did you get it?!

I think that is really great that your church would have a get together in memory of her birthday!

Love the loser look:)

Anonymous said...

so funny! i would have totally done the same thing!

Kristen said...

well, you look cute in your coat and that is all that matters. I know i hate losing too though.

Niki said...

What a fun night!! By the way, LOVE your coat!!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet that y'all celebrated her birthday in memory of her. What a selfless, thoughtful, sweet thing to do.

A Southern Magnolia said...

Congratulations! Please stop by my blog to pick up the Kreativ Blogger award!

Anonymous said...

Girl I have left you an award!

jlc said...

Awww I used to LOVE having those parties with my friends!!


Love the coat!!! I'm going to add you too!! :)

StephieMae said...

Dude who cares what the teenie boppers think because they think the whole world revolves around them :) but your coat is fab! I love it and sounds like the murder mystery was everything and more how much fun I should try and get one together with my peeps. Loves*