Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is the Weekend Over Already?

Friday night was suppose to be our much anticipated "Made in the 80's" Party and let me tell you, I had the most radical getup picked out. Here's a picture of my shoes, just to give you a little taste.

Unfortunately one too many people couldn't make it, for one reason or another, so rather than sitting around with our side ponies, singing Milli Vanilli, and eating ring pops by ourselves we decided to postpone the party to a more suitable weekend.

So the four of us, who could actually make it, decided to go out for a nice dinner instead. As a pre-birthday celebration for moi we went to Gordon Biersch, a brewery restaurant in downtown Rockville. I had never even heard of the place prior, but the food and drinks were awesome and the company and conversation was even better. The only complaint I could muster up is that our seats were much too far away from the TVs, so I couldn't see the basketball action the way I would have liked. Luckily Duke wasn't playing that night so it really didn't create too much anxiety for me

I had a delicious Raspberry Bay Breeze cocktail, Crab & Artichoke Dip appetizer to share, and Tuscan Chicken Pasta as my entree...Yuuuummy. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water all over again.

After a rather late night, according to my standards, I had to wake up bright and early Saturday morning (waaaay too bright and early if you ask me) for a day trip down to the National Harbor. A group of fellow photography enthusiasts were meeting up there to learn a little, laugh a little, and of course try to get a few nice shots. Here are a few that I took with my measly camera, that I'm now on a mission to replace with a nice Nikon or Canon. (A special thanks to my model Kara (aka my bestie) for her participation in a couple of them)



Hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did!



Quote of the day: “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” ~ Aaron Siskind

12 comments:

jlc said...

I love 80's nights!!!

Christina said...

Those shoes rock! :)

Unknown said...

I would love to go to an 80s party! I bet it was a blast.

Kristen said...

great pics!! that stinks about the 80's party though.

Anonymous said...

love those shoes! Boo about the bummed party. Who would not make it number one priority to show for a totally fab 80's party, is beyond me!

Glad you still had some fun. The rest. sounds awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Aww! Sorry your 80's night didn't work out this weekend! Hopefully it does next time! Thanks for following my blog!

5th Belle Avenue said...

Your header is too cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how girls walk around in those things; either way, any girl who loves basketball is awesome. Go Jazz!
C. Taylor Brown
http://chriswasbrown.blogspot.com

kadler said...

Aw, sorry your party had to be postponed. However, when it does happen, you need to post pictures for us to see! Those shoes are hilarious :)

Anonymous said...

Gordon Biersch has amazing appetizers! Your post is making me hungry... Anyway, somebody's getting oooold. hahaha j/p Robyn! Wednesday right? I temporarily closed my FB so I'll just wish ya a happy birthday here. Happy early birthday!! Have a good oooooooone!

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged!!!

♥Anna♥ said...

Hi Robyn.
I do love reading your blog. It uplifts me as I love the way you write - so chatty and unique.
Well done!