Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Little Bit of Heaven

Last night, after an "interesting" dinner and a movie (to say the least), my bestie and I decided to head over to one of our other girlfriends' place for a little house party action. Being that I've been out on my own for quite a few years now, I must admit its been awhile since my last "parents are out of town, we're having people over" type thing. But it sounded like a good time, so we figured...why not.

Just as I remembered my college day house party experiences to be, this one also offered up every bit of the chaos. Between all the drunken sloppiness, inappropriate comments, and dance off competitions there was never a dull moment...that's for sure. However, several hours later, although we were indeed still having a fabulous time laughing at everyone else's ridiculousness, the snow/sleet was really coming down and actually starting to stick, so we decided it would be best for us to head home.

After raving about this scrumptious flatbread pizza they served everyone as a little snack, they told us there was an extra one in the freezer that we were welcome to grab on our way out. So of course, not being the type to pass up free food, we slipped out through the garage to snag it. Looking thoroughly through the freezer there was unfortunately no flatbread pizza to be had...but there was something waaayyy better!

Island Way Sorbet...in real fruit shells. OMG!

Not even really sure what they were when we saw them, we just grabbed a couple and ran quickly to the car. Upon further inspection we realized Kara had coconut and I had orange, and let me tell you...these things were a little piece of heaven.

I actually had something like this before as dessert at a restaurant, but I had no idea they sold them in boxes individually wrapped. What a great idea I must say!

Without any spoons we strained every tongue muscle we had and froze our fingers off trying to reach every last drop, but trust me when I say...it was well worth it!

I'm officially in love with Island Way Sorbet (now I just have to figure out where I can buy my own) :)


Quote of the day: "Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity." ~Voltaire

1 comment:

Niki said...

Mmm sounds yummy! Let me know if you find out where to buy them!