Yes, it would be slightly better if it fell in the summer (because everyone knows summer makes everything better) but I still love March nonetheless. Besides the most obvious reason...that I was given the gift of life in the month of March (25th to be exact...don't forget it!), March also means COLLEGE BASKETBALL...ALL DAY....EVERYDAY. And for a b-ball junkie like myself that pretty much makes the next three weeks HEAVEN ON EARTH.

Although we are still a couple days away from the much anticipated "Selection Sunday", the conference tourneys are underway, so already, at any given time, you can most certainly find me glued to a television set somewhere.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that I'm not the only one though. I'm pretty sure that overall office productivity will be making a sharp nosedive over the next few weeks as employees nationwide call in sick, reschedule appointments, and ignore phone calls in an effort to sneak a peak at some of the games or obsessively scour the Internet for score updates.
I LOVE that even people who don't like sports or keep up with college basketball at all will be sucked in... filling out their brackets and chipping in a few bucks to compete in the office pool. The madness is contagious.
I LOVE that even people who don't like sports or keep up with college basketball at all will be sucked in... filling out their brackets and chipping in a few bucks to compete in the office pool. The madness is contagious.
Last night after work my girlfriends and I met up at a local sports bar to root on our Terps, who played (and beat) the NC State Wolfpack in the opening round of the ACC Tournament. I put on my best Terp fan facade, but tonight is when Duke plays and everyone knows that's my REAL TEAM!
So Let's Go Blue Devils!
March...I love you <3 So glad you're here!
Quote of the day: "Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." ~ Vince Lombardi

3 comments:
I LOVE March Madness! Last year me and my co workers would always have our pts TV's tuned into whatever bball game was on! I am rooting for Memphis all the way!
Nice post! I knew as soon as I read the title exactly what it was going to say! LOL! I love march madness!
Can't wait! My school just won the A-10 championship so I can't wait to see where this all goes!
Post a Comment