Thursday, February 26, 2009

Out of the Closet

I know many of you sports lovers might cringe when you hear this, but I am the world's biggest Duke Basketball fanatic...And have been actually since the early 90's when I developed my first crush on Grant Hill.

~Ahhh, just thinking about him now brings back that giddy feeling I used to get as an 8 year old seeing him sweat in those short shorts~

Well, anyways, last night Coach K and my boys made their annual trip to College Park for their game against UMD...and you know this superfan definitely had tickets.

Wearing all blue, my sister and I stuck out like a sore thumb in the massive sea of red...but we were okay with it. I nearly got in a fist fight with an obnoxious Terp fan sitting in front of me...but I was okay with that too :)


The truth is, although I've been to several Duke - Maryland games over the years this was actually the very first time that I could proudly sport my Duke attire.

Why you ask?..well...I must admit it, I'm a Maryland Alum. Yep, you read right. A Terrapin that loves her Blue Devil Basketball (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone.) At a school that hates Duke more than Kim Kardashian loves herself, openly admitting my affection for Duke Basketball by wearing my blue in the student section would have been a BIG no-no. And by big no-no, I mean they would have killed me...literally. Terp fans are nothing to mess with.

But now that I have graduated, this Duke fan can finally come out of the closet.

And come out of the closet I did...with a huge smile on my face.

Maryland 67
Duke 78

Quote of the day: "As part of what they called "Operation Scheyerface," the majority of the Maryland student section brandished a teasing picture of the Blue Devils guard...But it was Scheyer who got the last laugh." ~ The Diamondback

5 comments:

Niki said...

I'm like that with my Memphis Tigers basketball!!

A Southern Magnolia said...

I am a Duke fan, too! I have seen them play at Cameron and it is just incredible. The energy inside that building is nothing short of extraordinary!

CIP said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my religion post. I was trying to e-mail you, but I can't find my e-mail address. Honestly, a lot of you wonderful bloggers sort of inspired me to find my religion more. I love reading all the posts about how God really helps people. So, thanks again!<3

Kristen said...

how cute! yah!

Anonymous said...

What a great night! Thank goodness those blue devils pulled it off! You definately did almost get beat up though! Love the pic... who is that pretty girl with you! LOL!