Monday, February 09, 2009

Growing Up Way 2 Fast

Yep, its official, my favorite little princess has turned 2 years old!

No, I didn't go off and have a child without telling you, don't get worried, but one of my best friends did and that is pretty much wayyyyy better. I love enjoying babies when they are happy and fun and smell good, and then being able to give them back when they're not...it's so great that way.

And if any of you have ever been to a 2 year olds birthday party, then you know exactly how wild and crazy my Saturday night was, I probably don't even need to explain. One simple word can sum it all up...CHAOS!

Kids everywhere, yelling...crying, parents everywhere, yelling...wanting to cry. And then of course there's me, acting like I'm the one that's turning 2.


Oh yeah, gotta love it...but other than making a fool out of myself I actually had a really great time. Always find it pretty hilarious how overboard parents go for their little children's birthday parties. Not only will they never remember it, they actually have no clue what is even going on at the time. But who am I kidding, when I'm a mom I'm going to do the exact same thing ;) For sure!

Luckily for me and the other four single, childless guests there, not only was this party a great time, but also a great form of birth control. I think we would all agree that at the end of the night we have never been so excited to go home to our quiet, lonely houses. As much as I am looking forward to the day when I have children of my own, that party sure made me realize how glad I am that day is not here just yet.

Great time, great company, great food, great reminder that I'm not ready to have kids...none of that explains how successful the party was better that this picture...


Yep, that's the party's guest of honor after it was all over... down for the count! So precious.


Quote of the day: "While we try to teach children all about life, children teach us what life is all about."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the mask! I always make fun of those exact parents. Which a lot of my besties are now becoming new moms and dads. I can not believe it!I still feel like we are all still in high school, seeing who is going to break up with who at that day's lunch. Are we old enough?!

CIP said...

Hahaha, I love how you said the party was a great form of birth control. I can imagine that having a best friend with a child, is much better than having your own child!

I'm sorry my letter made you cry, but thanks for your sweet comment! The day was much easier than I expected, and you're totally right!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you in the mask and I love the picture of her asleep! How precious! But you in the mask.......... priceless!