Sunday, February 15, 2009

Enough Already!

Okay okay okay, enough negativity already! My last two posts have been real downers, and I really need to put a stop to that. My life is way too uber fabulous to be dwelling on the very few things that might not be absolutely perfect right now. So from now on (oh who am I kidding) until I have another bad day, this negative Nancy is going into hiding.

On a more positive note...you'll be happy to know that despite my pathetically depressing blog yesterday, my Valentine's Day really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be :) Yeah it was my first JJ-less Valentine's Day in 4 years. Yeah I couldn't get the thought out of my head of how JJ and his new girlfriend were spending it. And yeah I got stood up by my Valentine's Day date...but all and all it wasn't too bad.

No need to re-read, you read right...I got stood up on Valentine's Day...beat that! Despite telling me he had a "surprise" planned for me, asking me several times over the last couple of days if we were going to go out to dinner together, texting me at night and again on Valentine's Day morning to confirm...when I was actually finally ready and texted him to let him know I was on my way over to his place, this is the response I got, "I have to work tonight. Maybe tomorrow?"

Oh yeah great, sounds good.

Maybe tomorrow? WTF!!!!! Are you joking dude? You have to work?...riiiiiiigggghhht! Or more like, something better came up? OMG. Where do I find these dudes. I swear.

Luckily though (this is were the positive part comes in, in case you were wondering) I don't even really like the dude, so I was actually super happy that I didn't have to hang out with him on Valentine's Day. I know you are going to think I'm a horrible person for admitting this but I would never in a million years want a relationship with him, he is just one of those people that I keep around to stroke my deflated ego and keep me company when I'm feeling lonely. A girl that's just had her heart broken into a million pieces really needs that sometimes, you know?... don't judge ;)

Anyways, with all the free time I had because my Valentine's Day date "had to work", my bestie and I had an absolutely fabulous time together. Took a road trip down to Southern Maryland, ate lunch at Panera, meandered around Target, enjoyed our God-sent Caramel Spiced Apple Cider's from Starbucks, played board games, reminisced over old pictures and old boyfriends, walked around downtown, ate dinner at Chipotle, and laughed and laughed and laughed!

So as it turns out, my Valentine's Day was AWESOME! Beat that!

Quote of the day: "Life is great. But without bad times we wouldn't know the difference."

No comments: