Saturday, February 07, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You...

Last night my girlfriend and I, along with every other female on the face of this planet, went to see the movie "He's Just Not That Into You". Being that pretty much every single famous actor and actress I know and love was in it (and it was based right here in b-more!), I figured it had to be good....and I certainly wasn't disappointed.

I would definitely have to say I enjoyed every minute of it. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and most importantly it made me think. As absolutely hilarious as it all was, it was also right on point. I caught myself over and over again throughout the movie thinking, "oh my gosh that is me", or "I so do that", or "he said those exact same things to me", or "I know just how she feels". It was really reassuring to know that no matter how alone I feel right now in this chaotic world we call love and relationships, everyone else is going through it too.

Why things happen, how things happen, how a certain person makes us feel, why we like who we do...the truth is, none of it makes sense. There are those guys that are pretty much perfect and so into us, but for some reason we just don't like them. There are those guys that we are so into, that couldn't care less about us. There are those guys that we know we don't want a relationship with, but just continue to string along and keep running back to when we are feeling lonely and need our ego stroked. And there are those guys we went out on a limb with and decided to trust with our heart, who so selfishly broke it into a million tiny pieces.

Nope, none of it makes sense and unfortunately there are no real answers when it comes to love. No matter how much advice we are given, its one of those things where you just have to live and learn and grow. Because the truth is that sometimes we have to get shot down or have our hearts trampled on just so that we can figure out who we are and what it is that we truly want (or don't want) from a man/relationship.

Quote of the day: "A man who wants to make a relationship work will move mountains to keep the woman he loves. If he’s not calling you to tell you he loves you and wants you back, it should only be because he’s showing up at your new residence to do it in person … if he’s not doing any of that, he may love you, he may miss you, but ultimately he’s just not that into you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been bag tagged! Better recognize!!!

Unbreakable said...

I do believe that the signals are there, but we seem to overlook them. Whenever we start to question the person’s action towards us I think something is wrong.

Good post.

CIP said...

I just saw the movie and I thought it was OK. I didn't love it, because I thought it was too far-fetched to be relatable. Some parts were relateable but others weren't at all.