Friday, February 20, 2009

Board Game Madness!

Last night my friends and I got together for our very first "Weekly (or more than likely, what will turn out to be our Bi-Weekly) Game Night". We have been talking about starting this up for some time now, but with all the hustle and bustle of life our idea never came into fruition...until last night that is.



I know you wild twenty-somethings might be thinking how lame we are for putting board game playing on our social calendars, but we all actually had a discussion about this last night and we think its just a sign that we are growing up, and as crazy as it might sound...maturing. The fact that we now find more enjoyment in sitting around at home, talking, relaxing, laughing and playing together rather than going out in our skankalicious outfits, getting pissy drunk and not remembering any of it the next morning...is indeed a big clue that our lives have changed. And in my opinion, changed for the way better.

So, our first attempt at this whole "game night" thing, I would have to say, turned out rather well. There were only four (and a half) of us there...three gals, a mini gal and one lucky dude. We ate dinner together first, played Scattergories and then Loaded Questions-Adult Version ;)

Scattergories is an old classic and I haven't yet found anyone that doesn't like it...at least a little bit. I will admit it is rather intense with the anxiety inducing timer and high potential for controversial answers, but despite the bickering I think we all enjoyed it.

Loaded Questions, on the other hand, was a new game for all of us. Fresh out of the packaging, we didn't quite know what to expect, but were actually pleasantly surprised. Although the lone male in the group was a little less than thrilled about this one at first, he quickly warmed up to it and might possibly admit he found pleasure in hearing all about such things as which male and female celebrity we would all like to have a threesome with. So, the overall verdict on this one is... if you haven't played it yet you definitely should. The questions are hilarious and sure to bring about a night of laughs.

On the agenda for our next game night...Pop-5 and Bananagrams. Anyone have some other fabulous game night suggestions for us?


Quote of the day: "I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win." ~ Michael Jordan

2 comments:

♥Anna♥ said...

you have a really nice and meaningful blog! Well done :)
check out my blog!

Anonymous said...

Cranium, Catch Phrase, and Smarty Party are good ones to play!