
So today officially sucks :( It’s Valentines Day, the first Valentine’s Day I’ve been alone in 4 years...and I hate it. As much as I know its just a stupid corporate money-making holiday, it is still an ever-present reminder that I am single, and the rest of the world, as it seems, is not.
If the 14th would have fallen on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or heck I’d even take a Sunday, it really wouldn’t have been a big deal to me. I would’ve just went about my business as normal, and conveniently let the date slip my mind. But NO, it had to be a Saturday didn’t it. Just my luck! My first Valentine’s Day alone doesn’t just get an evening devoted to it, nope, it gets an entire freakin’ day. So awesome.
Sense any anger or bitterness? Nope, not at all.
And to make matters even worse I can’t help but keep thinking about the sweet little card and cute little teddy bear that I’m sure my ex probably bought for his fabulous new girlfriend today.
Like she really deserves it.
- I was the one who went to every single one of his football games
- I was the one who was always there to encourage him when he was feeling low
- I was the one who helped him turn his life around
- I was the one who believed in him when nobody else did
- I was the one who wiped his tears when he got cut from the Giants
- I was the one who helped him out when he needed a new computer, xbox, tv…
- I was the one who put together his resume so he could get a good job
- I was the one who taped all of his games and scrapbooked all of his pictures
- I was the one who fired his agent when he wasn’t happy with him
- I was the one who spent hours upon hours helping him get rid of a virus on his computer, because I knew he didn't have the money for a technician
- I was the one who gave up my free time to help him with his homework every night so he could graduate from college
- I was the one who would surprise him with random gifts just to make him smile
- I was the one...
…and yet I’m the one sitting here by myself :(
Have I told you how much I hate Valentine's Day this year?

Quote of the day: "I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."

3 comments:
Ugh. This resonated with me so much...I could practically write the same exact post. This is my first V-day alone in 4 years also. God, how sad is that?
Also, I just read through my ex and I's facebook wall to wall....not the best idea. Seriously. WTF was I thinking.
I didn't think I'd be sad today, but I really am.
Like you, I did sooo much for my damn ex and he doesn't care one bit, and we are the ones alone.
:(
Hi!
I hope you have a spare moment to check out my brand new Love Suck Song... it's a punkrock/showtune hybrid and is the largest all-lady youtube collaboration ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emdf2vO-rAQ
xo,
H
oh dear...
I'm sorry to hear this!
well, reading the list of things that you did for him, its his loss!
Just think one day, He'll realize how lucky he was to have you!
Post a Comment