Sunday, February 22, 2009

Raw, Real and Uncut

As most of you know, I'm kind of a newbie at this whole blogging thing. And although I fully enjoy it and, as sad as it is, actually find my day incomplete now if I haven't checked my blogger dashboard at least once or twice...I must admit this whole web log world is rather hard on my self esteem from time to time.

As I check in with all my bloggie friends each day and then proceed to meander from one random person's random post to the next (wasting way too many valuable hours of my life, might I add), I often find myself feeling rather insignificant and inadequate.

The way everyone else writes and what they write about seems so amazing and exciting, their page design and layout is so far superior to mine, they have their perfect little families with their perfect little homes, or their fabulous boyfriends who do all the right fabulous things.

Auuughhh! Just thinking about it makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit in fact.

But you know what, its gotten me thinking...I'm not perfect, I don't claim to be (or even really want to be), and quite frankly I doubt that they are either.

The truth is, its the bad things in my life that make the good things that much sweeter. Sometimes I have to fall down or get burned so I can learn how to dust myself off and come out of it stronger than before. And when all is said and done, its the times I've spill red wine on my new white dress or talked to my crush with lipstick all over my teeth that still put a smile on my face.

So for all you perfect people out there, I'm still going to read your blog and probably envy you from time to time, but for now I prefer my own life (and my own measly little blog) and all the imperfectness of it :)

Quote of the day: "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~ Marilyn Monroe

9 comments:

StephieMae said...

Girl I love reading your blog-it's not bad at all and I enjoy it. I think as a fellow e-bff blogmate I must tell you I'm pretty sure most of us out there had a hard time in the beginning. It's tough and I hated that I would just give play by plays. I wanted to be creative or funny when I wrote something But then instead of thinking about it I just write. So girl keep it up :D

Kara said...

I wouldn’t want to be friends with perfection… that would be so boring. Besides you are the perfect friend for me.

CIP said...

Aw! I love this....I totally feel the same way.

Kristen said...

i can already tell we are alike in so many ways. :) i stalk just like you do...way too much.

♥Anna♥ said...

To Robyn,
Sometimes I think the people who act most perfect, are the ones that are imperfect! I think the exact same as you, Robyn, I wish I had a normal life! Its too long to go on and explain it, but I had the exact same thought!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Do visit my blog and post your comments.. Take care mate.. Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Girlie, I totally feel you. I thought the same thing about my blog and my writing skills. Then I remembered, hey this is me, and if some ppl do not like it than that is ok, and if some love it than yay!!! I love your blog, and look forward to seeing what have written for the day!!! Also love the quote...how true!!!

Charis said...

It's called blenvy. I didn't make it up, but came across the word about a month ago. I feel it like, every other day. And I think alot of us only want to write about things that (we think, probably incorrectly) others will want to read about, which is either pleasant, or when something REALLY hits the fan. So we never see the whole picture. Don't get down, your blogs are great!

Christina said...

You hit the nail on the head with this post, girlfriend! I love your blog and your honesty...it's very refreshing, sincere and funny. Perfect is probably boring(I really wouldn't know) :p