A few days ago one of my amazingly fabulous girlfriends turned the big 2-4. Yeah I'm aware that 24 is not all that big, but who really cares? Any reason for us to get dressed up and go out, my girls and I are always down. So to celebrate her birthday we had a private booth reserved at McCormick and Schmick's on K Street in DC. And although my wallet protested, not attending would have went against everything I stand for, so I of course replied to the facebook e-vite to let everyone know "I wouldn't miss it!"I took the Metro down by myself (boo!) and met everyone there around 7. Jenn came straight from work and Lex from seeing her man in NYC. So needless to say they had their luggage, backpacks, laptop bags, all in tow. Basically we looked like nomads....that or we were planning on moving in. Luckily the private, curtain concealed area they reserved for us to sit, hid it all rather well. So it really wasn't quite as embarrassing as it could have been.

Our waiter was absolutely hilarious. He was an actor in training (or at least he thought he was) and he kept us laughing the entire night. My girls ordered fried calamari, oysters on the half shell, Maryland lump crab cakes, shrimp alfredo ...and then of course there's me, being my normal picky self, I ordered a chicken ceasar salad. Yeah I know I'm so lame, but what can I say, a chicken ceasar salad is always a safe bet. Wouldn't wanna get too risky, you know :)

We talked about old friends, a dying fox, trips to Atlantic City, teaching English abroad, Disneyland, having sex in inappropriate places, and other random topics that are slipping my mind at the moment, for good reason.
After sharing every dessert known to man...including creme brulee, berry medley with grand marnier sauce, cheesecake, and a chocolate truffle marquise (listed out just to make your mouth water a little...yes, your welcome) talk then turned to going out afterwards. Being that it was already pushing 10 o'clock (eww not 10 o'clock! I know, just call me grandma) and I had to wake up early for work the next day I thought better of it and decided to just go home instead.
I got back, changed into my comfy clothes, washed my face, and hopped into bed. As low key as it was I had a great time and as I was laying quietly in my bed I couldn't help but think how thankful I am to have my friends....without them this whole being single thing...would totally suck sooo much more.

Quote of the day: "Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on. For it won't be long, 'til I'm going to need somebody to lean on."

1 comment:
You look so pretty!
Post a Comment